Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Rollerset! LOL!

Well, I attempted my first rollerset yesterday........





I thought it went ok. I don't like the way the rollers separated my curls into blocks. I tried finger combing, it made it a little better. I guess I will try to roll it straight back instead of my normal part on the side.

I also tried something new on my dry scalp. I did a Listerine, yes Listerine, rinse. I had been reading about it on Nappturality.com and decided to find out what the rave was about. Well, I'm happy to say that the itchies are gone. I might have to rinse again for all the flakes to disappear, but for now I'm quite happy.

My 1 month lock anniversary is in 8 days! Yay!

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Greetings! I received my SL on the 13 of Dec. I believe my itch stage is over but wish I had heard about the Listerine rinse!

I use Lock Loops rollers http://www.lockloops.com/

Maybe they will work for you in the future. You are very brave. My first wash will be by my consultant and she wanted to know if I could hold out 5 1/2 weeks before washing. I'm not using anything on my hair except misting with water and so far so good.

Peace
Belinda
http://belindasblogat.blogspot.com/

Angelia said...

Just wanted to tell you congrats on your locs. I just got Sister Locs installed on December 5th so i am new to them also. I have been having the itchy scalp, but my consultant told me not to wash them yet that she will when i come in for my retighten cause she wants to teach me how to wash them. I am not fully natural yet. I have about 3 inches natural and 3-4 inches perm. So i have been wearing a rod set since i got them installed. I think i am going to let her cut some perm when i go for a retight on January 16th. Lets keep eachother in mind. We can be loc buddies. My email address is angietee419@msn.com. I will be glad when i am fully natural.

Lady Locs said...

Hi, I just wanted to show some love and support. Your locks are looking good.